Tuesday, June 29, 2010
My plans aren't alway God's Plan
In Proverbs 3:5-6 it states, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all thy ways acknowledge Him and he will make your path straight." Yesterday was a lesson of trust as only 2 planned task were implemented, the freeze cleaned out and the warehouse inventoried and organized. Our day started with the orientation which lasted all morning then lunch and work with the kids. Oliver and Luke started work in the freezer, Matt and Al mowed in the garden, with Rena, Mary, Kathy, Tricia and Alexis with the smaller children working in the garden with 2 long terms Arieanna and Cara. Hannah, Natalie and Nikki helped in the Teen Center with in the locker rooms getting the cleaned up for the basketball camp taking place in the gym later in the day. Brooke and Hans headed to Green Grass to find out about the VBS. The team didn't feel strained with them gone for over 2 hours. To jump ahead, when they returned we all discovered there were 2 groups out at Green Grass doing a VBS at the Baptist Church and the UCC Church. Brooke while disappointed made a leadership decision to cancel the VBS and keep the dinner and worship service on Thursday. Brooke and Hans talking with the groups out there found out they we a green team and very discouraged by how few kids came to the VBS. The 2 reminded how God's word isn't about numbers but people and a few need the message of salvation just like the many do. It was arranged to serve the groups and the community of Green Grass dinner and do a prayer service. As we don't have a Pastor I'm not sure what we will do yet but I have no doubt God already has that worked out. Later in the evening we got a surprise visit from Derek, he talked at length to the team about his art and his beliefs also challenging me as a Christian to how the spirit works and how do I feel the presents of the spirits...a simple response of the unity of common faith in the circle we were sitting in make me feel the presence of the Holy Spirit for i know in unity I am strong even when I am weak. Derek asked if that was apart of my good deeds. As I have not good deeds of my own to please God with it is through his grace alone that I am worthy. After Derek left it was Kathy who commented that he used the word I a lot as though he were trying to prove he had worth. It was a great ending to the day and a reminder of how God is working in our lives and those around us on Cheyenne River.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
ReplyDelete1 Corinthians 15:58